Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shenanigans of a Sick Boy

As a mom, I see new things all the time. But I'll tell you, Monday morning when I woke up and my 3 year old son woke up with red spots/patches all over his face and back...I panicked. He had been vomiting since about 4am (it was then 7:20am), which was kind of expected since I had been at the ER with our baby boy until 3am.

Cue emergency appointment with the pediatrician.

Of course, he had the same virus as his baby brother...as well as strep throat and an auto immune rash that was his body's way of reacting to the illness. His pediatrician told me to expect it to get worse before it gets better, but I didn't expect THIS (excuse the shady pictures):





Those would be pictures of his leg and knee, the back of his neck, his back (OMG), and his face. It is pitiful. LUCKILY, it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much. Every few hours he gets a little itchy (though I'm not having any issues with him scratching), but he's been prescribed a strong antihistamine. I hope it doesn't get any worse than this...I don't think this mama's heart can take it. It looks terrifying, and I have never even heard of an auto immune rash. Apparently they're pretty common (of course, I came straight home and consulted Dr. Google). 

Everybody keep your fingers crossed for the little man (and his mama who might got into shock if it gets any worse). 

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Poor lil punkin! As a mom, ya just gotta hate when they are sick!

    You've been nominated!
    http://thismommasramblings.blogspot.com/2013/03/honored-with-my-third-leibster.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's PITIFUL. Luckily, it's not really bothering him all that much. And it's cleared up a lot today.

      Delete