Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sooo, here's the thing...

When my dad died, I quit school. After way too long spent on online classes, I just felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, too much was going on, I had too much to process and wrap my mind around, and frankly, I just wasn't happy with what I was doing (side note: I love italics). So, I decided to just take a breather, step back, and really spend some time thinking about what I wanted to do.

I think I've figured it out. I'm planning to make an appointment to go meet with an enrollment adviser at a nearby school next week. However...I'm not quite ready to divulge the details, so you guys will have to wait for that one. I'm really excited about it, but I'm also really nervous about it. I suck at studying, and this particular route will require a LOT of it.

On top of this new educational development, I'll also be signing up to sell body wraps this week! Exciting! And finally, I've sort of "come out" to my family about my other blog...only to have my extremely conservative sister join the blog, as well as the blog's facebook page and show her total support. I can honestly say that I didn't expect my super-conservative Republican sister to support my pro-choice blog, but there it is.

Meanwhile, baby girl is on Spring Break this week, so we're having a lazy time at home with little crafts here and there. Tomorrow will be The hubster's day off, so we'll have an outing tomorrow. Nothing like fro-yo and the park to get everyone excited (thank GOD my kids love healthy snacks).

And just for shits and giggles, I managed to take a screen shot of a picture from my dad's memorial slideshow (because a particular someone doesn't want to share the actual picture) and the result was my favorite, yet fuzzy, picture of me and my dad (that I do NOT remember taking and had never seen until the day of his service)....

Dad and Me (I was about 16 here)

1 comment:

  1. you can do anything you want. You are very smart you don't give yourself enough credit. I am starting over as well and it is very scary but exciting. Love you lots

    ReplyDelete