Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Around 11:30pm last night, I was sitting at my computer, wading my way through a crap ton of meaningless emails when I got a new one. It was from my brother in Texas. It was the link to the slideshow that they played at my dad's service, right after my eulogy. I've been waiting on a copy of it since I saw it in December. I've already been dreading getting a copy of it, because I knew I'd have to watch it. And I knew that that would simply rub salt in the still-fresh wound. I was right. I cried the ugly cry, ya'll. It wasn't pretty...at all. However, I've watched it 2 more times since initially recieving the email last night, and I have to tell you...while it still breaks my heart (especially the photos of just his sweet face), it also serves as an amazing reminder of a lifetime of memories. So, without further adieu, here's my amazing daddy, a lifetime of his memories, compressed into a beautiful few minutes:


1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for an award... Check it out:)
    http://feelingtheemptynest.com/2013/03/24/leibster-awards-i-am-so-very-honored/

    ReplyDelete