Monday, March 18, 2013

Good Vibes, Good Thoughts, Good Things.


Today the hubbs starts a brand new job as an assistant manager. He was really stoked. I think he's even more excited because he'll be carpooling most days with two of his friends. I think the boy-time will do him some good.

I'm especially thankful for this awesome development because for almost a year now, we've just had some plain bad luck. First things got all screwed up when he was medically discharged from the Marine Corp, then Little M had his cancer scare, then daddy died. It's just been one shit storm right after another. So, this is a very welcome development.

I think that the pay raise will lower his stress level, and working with guys he likes will make the job even more enjoyable. There's one downside. It's an hour away. So, when he gets off at 7pm and heads home...chances are, with Atlanta traffic, he won't be getting home until around 8:30pm. It will be a little more stressful on me...and I hate the idea of us spending even less time together, but I'm trying to embrace the idea that I'll have about an hour of "me time" every night. I won't even know what to do with myself...but I'll have fun trying to figure it out.

I'm hoping that this new job is the start of even more positive things coming our way. That would be something. I've got something else in the works that may start to take off later this week. I'll have to post an update on that when I'm past the point of jinxing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment